5 July 2017:
25 Apr 2017:
Robin Moran (Fahan Presbyterian Church),
provided photos and transcriptions of James Macky's and Anne Mackey's
gravestones at Drumhaggart Cemetery. James is buried with his
daughters Elizabeth and Dorcas; all three died in 1842 (the
Londonderry Sentinel reported smallbox for the girls).
|"Sacred to the Memory
of JAMES MACKY of Ballinagallagh
who departed this life the 11th day of
March 1842 aged 84 years
and of his daughter ELIZABETH
who departed this life 9th day of
Nov. 1842 aged 28 years
And also her sister DORCAS
who departed this life the 12th day of
Nov. 1842 aged 32 years
|"Here lieth the body of Anne
daughter of John Mackey of Gallaugh
who died 6th Sept 1834
aged 37 years"
6 Sep 2016:
- News from Delwyn May PATON née GOULD, wife of
Graeme Leonard PATON [E.2.f.5.D],
of their three children Michael Peter PATON, Daniel Graeme PATON,
and Cameron Jack PATON.
10 Jul 2016:
- News from Ali TOCKER [B.2.a.4.C]
about the passing of her mother, Margaret Grace MACKAY née
MACKY [B.2.a.4] on 20 July 2016.
A memorial service is being held 17 September.
3 Sep 2015:
- Just got back from a small Macky reunion at Lake Tahoe, where I
collected a few updates (particularly, added
Cameron Wallace Macky's two kids).
21 Aug 2015:
18 Mar 2015:
1 Jan 2015:
31 Dec 2014:
29 Nov 2014:
21 Dec 2013:
7 Apr 2013:
- News from Maywenn Leila DIALLO-HALDIMANN
[B.2.e.1.A.1] about the birth of
her daughter, Aïssatou Jade DIALLO [B.2.e.1.A.1.a].
20 Nov 2012:
- Updated genealogy tables per Donna Messenger (nee MACKY):
5 Nov 2012:
- Updated genealogy tables per Shannon Maree BRITTEN nee NARRIER
- Switched date formats from American-style MM/DD/YYYY to the
unambiguous DD MMM YYY, e.g. for the first of April, "4/1/1944"
is now "1 Apr 1944".
6 Jan 2012:
- Jennifer Douglas has been doing more genealogy research, and found
the following regarding Sarah Rebecca MACKY's
[B.6] sister, Sarah Campbell:
Hello I did a little more research as I saw
your entry regards Sister Sarah Campbell's death in 1855.
I knew that Sarah Cochrane had married Francis McElwaine who died 1837.
So I search[ed] Sarah Campbell and have found her death 8 January 1855 (so
fits Rev Macky's jouranl entry) and her marriage (using Sarah McElwaine)
to John Campbell:
I always wondered how my Henry met a girl from Coleraine, Derry and now it makes sense.
5 Oct 2011:
- Update to genealogy tables per Alice Lake-Hammond and the sad news
of Mary Sherlock's passing (see Deltas)
5 Aug 2011:
- Update to genealogy tables per Ali Tocker
1 Oct 2010:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Anna Helen Kominik
8 Jul 2010:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Graham Stuart Macky
21 Jun 2010:
17 Feb 2010:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Catherine Mary Johnston
1 Dec 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Gillian Clare Maclaurin
20 Oct 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Sarah Kirtene Macky
2 Jun 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Helen Margaret Macky
4 May 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Gordon Edward Maclaurin
25 Mar 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Robert Haldimann
15 Feb 2009:
- Updates to genealogy tables per Donna Messenger
- Tables are now program-generated by
this little awk program;
the first version of the tables were coded by hand.
- Added the 1994 Reunion group photo
large) to the
gallery. Does anyone know who holds the
negative to this? A scan of the negative would be much higher quality.